It's one of the most bizarre and beautiful weather phenomenons we've ever experienced - we just don't get the ice like this out west. In terms of natural disasters I'd take this - it's not a tornado or hurricane or earthquake. Lexington had it's worst ice storm in 2003, our first winter here. So it is fitting that we have another one in our last winter in Lexington! We took a million pictures, but here are just a few. I kept reminding Scott, who kept saying "this is so cool!" that it was only cool because we still had our power. It was not cool for others living on generator power or in a hotel (which would be my option!). The power was out for some for days and the remnants of the trees are still scattered throughout the neighborhoods. We did not lose any trees or plants, only had some great ice skating on our back patio!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello Its me! I can't believe the ice! The up close picture really shows what it is like. BRRR! I'll take my sad little 50 degree weather!
OK, Scott said you'd post some pics....Oh my goodness! That really is something to see - I am glad you never lost your power.....BUT, I think I still will take no snow over ice!! :) Can't wait for you to be out WEST again!!! xoxo
Post a Comment