Yes, I'm back tracking again! Updating my blog once a month could make it more exciting for all 4 of my readers - like sitting down with a good book for an evening and finishing it in one sitting and feeling like you've accomplished something! Yes, I am helping you by leaving (procrastinating!) my blogging to one day a month - again, I say Enjoy!
I HAVE to do one journal entry here, without pictures, but maybe a few links for interest, but I do not want to forget this fabulous week! I was able to indulge my "artsy fartsy" (as we say in my family) side this week with 3 wonderful concerts. Friday the 23rd I went by myself to the Lexington Philharmonic to see a violin/viola concerto (the Mozart Sinfonia). The violist was awesome - I love to go and enjoy the talent of other people while reminiscing about my previous life - I really want to start playing again...someday. Then on Jan 26th (after I just so happened to find out the night before) I impulsively went to see Joshua Bell play a recital not too far from Lexington. I went with my friend Donnia who also plays violin. This was FABULOUS!!!! Joshua Bell (http://joshuabell.com) is a violin prodigy, who plays on a 300 year old Stradivarius violin. This was just violin and piano and a moment of a lifetime to see someone of his and the pianist's caliber for only $30!
Lastly, Friday the 30th, Scott and I (yes, I finally took him along!! haha) enjoyed a delayed celebration of our 11th anniversary (in December) by going and seeing Wicked in Louisville!! http://www.wickedthemusical.com It was hilarious - such clever writing - and just an awesome performance!! We had a great time getting away from the kids for more than a couple of hours, but then felt bad when we got home and found out the baby had been screaming for our babysitter for an hour before going back to sleep. He has really started the "mommy attachment" syndrome lately.
So what a fabulous week I had - a huge thank you to Scott for taking over the house (or more like just doing what you always do for me!!) I feel like my IQ went up a couple points for a couple of days anyway! But lo and behold, amid my week of cultural rejuvenation....came the ICE!!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Chista - How fun for you!! I'm glad that you get such great opportunities - all in 1 week!! Good for you! (All our sacrifice day after day does pay off!!!) ;) xoxo
Post a Comment